San Francisco, California
San Diego, California
Van Nuys, California
Lyme Center, NH
Enjoy Japanese Gardens from Home
As most gardens have temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, we encourage you to support and follow your favorite gardens online- and explore new ones.
We have created this resource page for virtual tours, books, videos, websites and other content you may enjoy. If you would like to contribute content, please email email@example.com. We’d love the opportunity to share your garden through our network.
Please check back periodically as we will update this page regularly.
We hope you will continue to enjoy the beauty and calm of Japanese gardens from home.
RoHoEn– Daily at 10am MST
1. Birmingham Botanical Gardens
2. Montreal Botanical Garden
3. Portland Japanese Garden
4. Japanese Tea Garden
5. Missouri Botanical Garden
6. Japan’s Gardens by Professor Clifton Olds
7. Virtual Stroll of US Botanical Gardens
8. 7 Places to See Japanese Gardens in the U.S.
Walks for Well-Being
Strolls at Home (Bloedel Reserve)
1. Japanese Garden Notes: A Visual Guide to Elements and Design by Marc Keane
2. Secret Teachings in the Art of Japanese Gardens by David A. Slawson
3. The Art of the Japanese Garden by David and Michiko Young
4. Japanese Gardens: Symbolism and Design by Seiko Goto and Takahiro Naka
5. The Japanese Garden by Sophie Walker
6. Professor Clifton Olds Bibliography– A great list of resources!
1. 10 Ways to Garden During Self-Isolation
2. Cultivate Something Good- Your Garden and Your Well-Being
3. Victory Garden 2.0- Ten Steps for Planning Your Own
4. Want to Grow a Container Victory Garden?
5. Scouting Your Garden (Birmingham Botanical Garden)