Surviving closures

Home (full screen) Forums Public Gardens & COVID-19 Surviving closures

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello! I have gathered from visitors to our garden that many people are passionate about Japanese gardens and visit as many of them as possible wherever they go. I wonder if NAJGA would be interested and willing to conduct a national fundraising campaign for Japanese Gardens in general in an effort to assist all of your member gardens during this time when we must be closed. It might be much more palatable and effective than each of us individually making appeals.

Just an idea… Deanie Nyman

NAJGA Manager
    Keymaster

Hi Deanie,

Thank you for your comment and participation in this forum. I know this is a very challenging time for many public gardens that have been forced to close because of COVID-19 and consequently have lost important income needed to support their staff and maintenance. NAJGA is very interested in supporting all of your efforts during this uncertain period. This week we will send an e-blast to all of our subscribers encouraging them to continue to support their local gardens (by renewing their membership, making a donation, purchasing merchandise/gift certificates online) and in the near future will organize phone conferences for staff of public gardens to share ideas/brainstorm about how to cope with these difficult circumstances. We welcome all of your ideas!

To all gardens- please participate in this online forum. It is a space for all of us to share ideas and learn from one another in the difficult days/months ahead.

Warm regards,

Marisa

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.